duminică, 5 iulie 2009

That summer we knew


Well, I'll be damned
Here comes your ghost again
But that's not unusual
It's just that the moon is full
And you happened to call
And here I sit
Hand on the telephone
Hearing a voice I'd known
A couple of light years ago
Heading straight for a fall

We both know what memories can bring
They bring diamonds and rust

Now I see you standing with brown leaves falling around
And snow in your hair

Our breath comes out white clouds
Mingles and hangs in the air
Speaking strictly for me
We both could have died then and there

Now you're telling me you're not nostalgic
Then give me another word for it
You who are so good with words
And at keeping things vague
'Cause I need some of that vagueness now
It's all come back too clearly
Yes, I once loved you dearly
And if you're offering me diamonds and rust
I've already paid
Baez

2 comentarii:

Unknown spunea...

Be aware that I can kill,
that I can crush with my heel the sweet head
of the peaceful rising star,
because of this I've turned to painting houses!

Be aware that I take no pity on myself,
that I mix my blood with birch trees!
I bring this to your attention with dispatch!
Watch what you do!

NICHITA STANESCU
:))))

uca spunea...

ehe! ce grozav suna in traducere!
imbratisari cu dor, mai ionut!...